Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Elk Attacked Fitz!



Yesterday afternoon Dad and I were home and I let my little dog Fitz outside... Well, Fitzy took off barking and running after a group of elk. All but one of the elk ran off, one angry elk stopped, faced Fitz and waited... Dad was calling the dog, trying to get him to come back but little Fitz was determined. As Fitz approached, the elk took a small step backwards and then raised his front legs up and came down hard, kicking poor Fitz in the side of his head. Fitz let out a terrible whine/cry 'YIP! YIP! YIP!YIP!' We thought the dog was dying, and in all fairness, shih tzu's are very dramatic. Dad had to go pick up Fitz because he wouldn't move. I was so mad at the elk! I told Dad we should beat them up... but Dad didn't want to chase after them. (I don't get it) Anyways, Fitz is doing OK, he has some swelling on the right side of his face and his right eye was swollen shut last night... he will be fine though.

'Gettin' cards and letters from people I don't even know',

-Rhinestone Cowboy (Glen Campbell)


Brady

4 comments:

gina said...

holy cow that's scary! i mean, holy elk that's scary! i have never seen one of those in real life. that is in your yard?! wow. i think my dog ferris would have tried to attack that elk too...bad deal. you are so lucky you have snow. there is snow at my mama and papa's house but not here. i love snow.

your friend, annie

ps. my mom says she hopes the patriots don't win the superbowl. she's rooting for Li'l Manning.

Henry said...

Dude, that is SO scary! You're lucky to have such a brave papa. That's a great photo too.
Love,Hank

Banks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monius said...

Its a good thing dad bought that baby glock so he could chase away the elk.

-Angry