Monday, July 21, 2008

New sunglasses... feelin' cool



Dad and I went to WalMart the other day... he doesn't like to admit that we sometimes go there, but the Wal Mart is much closer than Target. The thing is, we have to take shower after walking through WalMart so it's kind of a toss up on whether or not we actually save time going there.

ANYWAYS, I found these sweet Transformers sunglasses along with a Transformers flashlight, all for just $3.00 (Sorry, it was actually $2.96- WalMart, remember?) Dad said that the glasses and flashlight were likely made by a kid about my age in China or Indonesia or some other place like that. I think it's so cool that 3 yr. old's get to have job's in other countries! they are lucky.

Another odd thing about that place: Why does the evil WalMart price everything with .96 on the end? annoying... The funny is, on this particular trip to WalMart, Dad said 'we are never coming here again'... just like he has said the last 5 times we have gone there. This time I think he means it!

To recap,

WALMART

Pro's:

-Lots of cheap, plastic crap from China.

-Close to home

-The people that go there make you feel good looking AND smart in comparison. (and thin!)

Con's:

-Don't pay a fair wage, so the people that work there can only afford to shop THERE.

-Don't allow most employees to work full time, so they don't get health benefits (guess who has to pay when they go to the hospital?) Well, I don't really know- I'm only 3 !!!

-Dirrrrty. Plain and simple.

Sorry for the soapbox today!

Oh, and here are some pictures of the sunglasses! I hope we don't really boycott WalMart... I like it, they have a crane game!!


Brady

1 comment:

gina said...

Brady,
my mom feels the same way about Wal-Mart! she gets all itchy and freaky about it if we have to go there and she obsesses about us not touching anything! ever! what is it with these grown ups? i love the sunglasses.

your friend, annie